A number of Goliad Tigerettes qualified for state in five events after Thursday’s regional track meet in Sequin.
The team also finished second out of 48 teams in the team race.
Tarynn Ackley again tied the school record with her 10-foot 6-inch jump. Zamzow, Royster, Howard, and Perez ran almost one second faster than they had run all year in the 4x1.
Then Zamzow, Royster and Perez were joined by Hill on the 4x2 and ran a seasons best time by almost three seconds.
Kyla earned the final state qualifier of the day in the 300 hurdles, only 25 minutes after her 24.2 split on the 4x2 relay, running a season’s best 43.9.
The girls scored 56 teams points to finish second.
- Long Jump — Kyla Hill at 17’11 to earn second place and a State qualifer.
- Triple Jump — Kyla Hill at 38’1 to earn second place and a State qualifer
- Pole Vault — Tarynn Ackley at 10’6 to earn fourth pace
- 4x1 relay — Mylee Howard, Addison Zamzow, Samantha Royster, Hannah Perez with 49.7 to earn second place and a State qualifier
- 4x2 relay — Addison Zamzow, Samantha Royster, Hannah Perez, Kyla Hill with 1:42.6 to earn third place as wild card and State qualifier.
- 300hurdles — Kyla Hill with 43.9 to earn second place and a State qualifier.
The photo at top was taken during a track meet recently in Goliad.